Wednesday, July 05, 2006

cheating the hangman

So Ken Lay is dead. There can be no doubt that his demise is attributable to the stress of his last few years on earth, a criminal trial, a conviction. How should you feel ? Vindicated ? cheated of revenge? non plussed ? (although to say you are non plused implies you know what that means). I did not directly lose any money in that Enron debacle, although I knew people that lost everything, I mean everything.Putting Lay in jail would not have brought it back. His death certainly does not.Maybe it gives people a feeling than Justice was done, an eye for an eye. Maybe people are mad that he died in a vacation home in Aspen, and not in jail after being sodomized by some big con. I don't know. I do know that I can be quite resentful and if I had lost my retirement money because of a lot of human greed by a few high salaried Enron plutocrats, I would have given the question of his death a lot of thought.The capacity to forgive is much easier when you are advising someone else and not making the decision yourself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jannie Funster said...

And now old whats-his-name, um, you know... Oh what's his name... Madoff! He got his. Greed doesn't pay.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hey, now you have 2 comments on this~~

Have no idea when I left that first one, does not show a date -- a couple years ago, maybe?

Greed in me never pays either!

xo

P.S. Today for the record of this fine blog, is November 4, 2010. :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Blue Bunny said...

3, now you haz 3 kommints, wade!

ox

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home