Thursday, August 10, 2006

No liguids, no IPODS

Mills of the gods

So it looks like we are headed to Gatoradeless flights. And if we ban IPODS from planes, the world may just about end.I am going to be interested in how long it takes people in this country to start calling for drastic(military) measures against the middle east populace in general. I think the $5.00 a gallon gasoline we are about to see in California may cause the kind of rioting that will get our governments attention.Of course, that is more of a British Petroleum Problem than a middle east problem. Ah, the irony of that great colonialist company causing an oil shortage all these years after they were kicked out of the middle east. You'd think a company that big would service a pipeline more than once every 18 years. Maybe they thought that it was too cold in Alaska for the pipes to corrode.

At any rate, I look for the general population to start pushing the administration to do something tougher.Like invade Iran. How moralistic is this nation ? If we asked the public to vote on whether they would rather invade Iran and get $2.00 a gallon gasoline, or do nothing and watch it go to $10.00, how would Americans vote ?I have a sneaky suspicion that most folks would vote for the cheap gas. I hope I'm wrong, but I just sense frustration at the whold world flying apart at the seams.Seems like it is about time for another major hurricane to hit and destroy something on the gulf coast. That is about all I could envision to complete this rotten summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home