Thursday, April 12, 2007

If a tree falls in the forest with no one around

I mentioned something humorous to my wife last night that I had said in a blog earlier in the week . I assumed that I would get a sympathetic chuckle from it. Or at least a flicker of recognition. Flicker came there none, much less chuckle. She told me that she had not read the piece. When I questioned why, she admitted, "I really don't read your blog, there are too many pieces where you take some weird news story off of CNN and make fun of it. I don't like that." "But", I stammered," that's what I do, that is the blog." "Yeah. I just don't like it." When a blogger loses a spouse from his audience, in most cases he has lost his entire audience.Unless his parents have a computer. Mine don't. Why keep blogging ? If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound ? If a blogger launches words into the eyther and no one reads them, are they really there ?Actually, that reminds me of a cartoon that was on the wall of a place in San Francisco where I used to rent and return cars. It was a picture of a tree, having fallen down in the forest with no one around. The tree is lying on its side muttering "shit". That's my blog for the day.

"Shit"

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul D. Frazier said...

The feminists at my graduate school would ask "if a man says something in the forest, and no one is around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

Welcome to male middle age. It's a great club. We watch CNN, MSNBC, and we read the newspapers, we read, we know stuff. We are happy to discuss and argue with other intelligent people. And no one else cares at all what we think.

Enjoy the club.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home