Monday, May 07, 2007

Hilton to Gitmo ?

Some "West Hollywood" psychologist is saying that a 45 day stay in jail will not cure Paris Hilton.Depends on where she does her jail time. A 45 day stay in Guantanamo Bay might change a few of her habits. Let's see how she likes the water board treatmant. But really, cure her from what ? Patris Hilton is not doing anything wrong. she is living her life as she chooses to live it. As long as the normal rules of society apply to her, i.e., she goes to jail when she breaks probabtion, who in the hell cares how she acts ?

People are opining that she will come out of this "bigger than ever". What does that mean ? She already has more money than God, what do I care if she gets a few more bucks for doing a "Simple Life in the Slammer" ? I'm not going to watch it anyway. As near as I can tell, this woman makes a living by going to parties and having her picture taken. People have been doing that since at least the days of Lily Langtry. It is a time honored, if not quite noble, profession. In my old age, I have come to the conclusion that the public is going to spend its time and its money on whatever or whomever entertains it the most. Even if it did me any good to complain about the attention given to a woman who appears to be among the most shallow on this earth, it would do no good.It is none of my business. If I really wanted to help out in this life , I'd do something in the anti-drug program or try to stop clueless people from throwing all of their money away at the dog races. I don't do that, why should I care about Paris Hilton and her brainless devotees ?

Paris did do something right, she filed her publicist for giving her bad legal advice. Of course, people who rely on publicists for legal advice usually get what they pay for. In this case, 45 days in the slammer. Paris, in speaking for herself, summed up, "I feel that I was treated unfairly and that the sentence is both cruel and unwarranted and I don't deserve this." She said this as she and her mother left on a shopping trip (presumably to find some things that go with orange jump suits). Well the sentence is not cruel, I don't practice criminal law in California, so I have no idea if it is unwarranted or not. It seemed about right to me from my perspective in far off Texas. As I said earlier, Paris Hilton should be able to live the life she wants, as long as all of the rules of society apply to her, including the one where you don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home