Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Moment of Zen

The last few days I have been scrambling around trying to get things organized for my wife’s birthday on the 19th. I had been on a retreat in Colorado the weekend before and so I had to get the card, pick out one gift and make sure the one I ordered was on time. Everything worked out perfectly and I got home with wrapped present and signed and sealed card in hand. As I walked in the door Rayda gave me a puzzled look. “who is that for ? ‘ she asked.”It’s for your birthday” I responded. “Seems a little early” she said. “Only a day, you can open it tomorrow morning, I’ll make you breakfast. “ I said. “You know that my birthday is not for another month” she said. “No, it’s September 19.” I said. “You know this is  still August, right ?” she said.  “Oh…….damn….” he said.

 

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul D. Frazier said...

You really should get extra credit instead of scorn.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Jannie Funster said...

This Rayda character, she very much intrigues me. Must be some wonderful woman.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home